Thursday, July 4, 2019

My NTPC interview experience

It was back in 2010 when I was called for interview at NTPC based on my performance in written test conducted by them. Yes. Back in 2010, GATE score was not considered for interview call in PSUs (IOCL was the only one who started it then).
Ok. here I am going to post my experience of facing NTPC panel. The interview was conducted at PMI, Noida.

Member 1: What is your college project? What is it about?
Me: answered it.

Member 2: Where have you done your internship?
Me: At IOCL, Haldia

Member 2: What is the role of an engineer there?
Me: He is responsible for plant operation. If something is not functioning, he is suppose to make it work.

Member 2: Are you sure this is what an engineer does there?
Me: (This time I was more blunt) No sir. He communicate with junior colleagues to get status update, attend meetings and work on files.

Member 2: Yes. Now you are correct.

Member 3: Okay. What have you seen at IOCL?
Me: Various types of sensors , PLC, DCS...

Member 3: Which DCS is used in IOCL?
Me: Honeywell, model ...

Member 3: Can you explain something about DCS?
I made a block diagram showing different blocks with their name and simultaneously explained their role.
Member 3: What Data Highway do?
Me: answered.

Member 4: Okay. Thats all from you now Arihant. You can go. Ask the next person to come in.

After about a month, I got a final selection confirmation mail.


1 comment:

Modbus and OPC comparison Table

  Modbus vs OPC Comparison between Modbus and OPC Feature Modbus OPC (OLE f...